Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Visit me at Mamalode

This morning, E came up to me and gave me a hug.
She said
"you're my favorite mom"
then she paused
still hugging me and said
"and my other mom.  I have two favorites."
I kept hugging her and told her how sad I was that her mom wasn't here but that I knew how much her mom loved her
more than anything else

And then I went and took a shower and she watched Strawberry Shortcake
That's how we remember our family in Ethiopia
right in the middle of our life
a little bit here and a little bit there.

Will you go visit Mamalode?
and read my article about meeting E's family?


you could help us remember





1 comment:

  1. Wow! She has grown SO MUCH since we saw her dancing so enthusiastically at the coffee ceremony in Addis Ababa.

    ReplyDelete